This African American Inventors: Elijah McCoy worksheet also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
What do a folding iron board, lawn sprinklers, and a device for oiling engines on trains all have in common? They were all invented by Elijah McCoy, an African American inventor with 57 patents to his credit. McCoy is the subject of a comprehension worksheet that asks readers to respond to five-text-based questions.
- Have groups investigate the inventors in the series in greater depth and develop presentations about these individuals
- Part of a series of resources that feature African American inventors
- The resource assumes readers have prior knowledge of patents and the patent process
- The resource includes an answer sheet