This Agriculture: It Doesn't Just Happen lesson plan also includes:
- Informational Text
- Join to access all included materials
After reading an informational text on the Agricultural Research Service, learners research the role of the ARS in Oklahoma. Using reputable online sources, they label a map of the state with relevant areas. Researchers focus on one of the three major areas of focus for the ARS, creating a research project and visual. They choose one of six engaging ways to synthesize their research creatively, or can choose to make up a seventh approach.
- Though the lesson is based on the agriculture of Oklahoma, it could enrich an agricultural lesson in any state
- Key vocabulary words are pre-selected and defined
- Includes a map of the state for learners to label
- Focuses on acronyms, of which there are plenty in the field of agriculture