This Alabama's 1901 Constitution lesson plan also includes:
"We, the People of the State of Alabama. . ." Did you know that the Alabama State Constitution has 357,157 words while the US Constitution has only 4,400? And that it has 798 amendments while the US Constitution has 27? Class groups compare these two documents and then take a closer look at one of the state's amendments.
- Modify the lesson and have groups compare their state constitution with the United States Constitution
- An additional lesson designed for AP US history classes is attached below
- Although designed for Alabama history classes, the lesson may be presented as a part of a study of the US Constitution
- The five-page resource includes background information for instructors, links to primary source documents, a PowerPoint presentation, a step-by-step plan, and remediation and accommodation suggestions
- Of primary interest to Alabama residents