This Alabama's Steps to Statehood lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
To demonstrate their understanding of the steps Alabama took to become a state, groups create a poster that identifies what the United States Constitution and the Northwest Ordinance required of a territory to become a state.
19 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups research their own state's entry into statehood
- Although designed for Alabama primary grade classrooms, the required procedure is the same for all states
- The eight-page packet includes a PowerPoint, a worksheet, maps, a detailed plan, and a rubric for the poster assignment
- The resource focuses only on the process Alabama followed