Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is known for its fantastical imagery and nonsense verse. This unit plan offers a basic exploration into nonsense verse through poetry and teacher read-alouds. It incorporates activities involving poetry writing and reader journals.
- Create a rubric or checklist to go along with the writers notebook and illusion notebook
- Assign portions of the text to read for homework
- Provide a print or digital copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland for each student
- Offers a large selection of supplemental resources
- Review is the perfect preparation before teaching Alice in Wonderland
- Requires extensive preparation by teacher