This Altered States video also includes:
Episode 10 of a 13-part psychology Crash Course builds on learning from previous videos to explain the workings of altered states of consciousness. Hypnosis, psychoactive drugs, and non-drug induced hallucinations are all explored in a 12-minute lecture.
- Designed as a semester or year-long psychology Crash Course, the individual videos could be used periodically to introduce new units
- Concepts are clarified by animated illustrations
- The video ends with a recap of key points covered in the lecture
- Viewers are encourage to post their responses to the lecture on the site
- Preview the video with captions on to see if the content of the captions is appropriate for your classroom
- The amount of content and the rapid pace at which it is delivered may overwhelm some class members