This America's History in the Making: Classroom Applications One unit also includes:
Someone finds a time capsule 100 years from now, and it includes your family photo album. What would the photos tell that person about you and your place in history? Scholars investigate how artifacts tell stories. Using photos, maps, stories, and research, groups present their interpretations of history through the lens of artifactual evidence.
- Have groups create their own assessment questions for the Boston mapping exercise to compile into a larger whole-class assessment at the end of the lesson
- Overhead projector and transparencies included in lesson, adjust for today's technology accordingly
- Group size should not exceed four
- Fifth lesson of a 22-part series
- Resource provides standards in historical thinking as well as reflection questions for teacher use
- Lesson includes printable worksheets for classroom distribution