Why Lesson Planet?
Help your class find the the magnetic field of a toroid, a solenoid bent into a circle with an activity that allows the class to see how a loop of wire carrying an electrical charge behaves much like a magnet. The resource provides the teacher information to develop a lecture on Ampere's Law, which in turn allows pupils calculate the magnetic field around a loop and a toroid.
- Locate videos on the Internet to help demonstrate Ampere's Law
- Review the set up of the demonstration and test it before class
- The class should be familiar with the Biot-Savart Law
- The 10th part in a 14-part series
- The answer document shows the work necessary to arrive at the solution
- The plan contains a demonstration to show the force between two current loops
- The lesson plan does not detail an instructional method
- Does not include detailed directions for the demonstration set up
- Ampere's Law Homework
- Ampere's Law Homework Answers