This An Analytical Chemist, a Biochemist, an Animal Scientist, and an Oncologist Walk into a Lab...No Joke lesson plan also includes:
Oncology presents multiple opportunities for research and the collaboration of many different types of scientists. Scholars divide into groups and research the history of mass spectrometry, polarity/non-polarity, hydrophilicity/hydrophobicity, longitudinal studies, the ethics of animal studies, and collaboration between scientists. Each topic requires a different product ranging from comics to videos and more.
- Carefully assign groups, as well as the role each member plays to best fit the strengths of each pupil
- Relies on prior knowledge of sugars, bond and molecular polarity, and scientific investigations
- The long-term research project requires only a few days in class—but many weeks out of class
- Offers clear instructions and grading rubrics
- Connects to real-life science applications