Often, science fiction makes a lot of connections to real life. An educator's guide for the novel Charisma by Jeanne Ryan, has readers discuss many of the real-life issues that come in the text. A brief summary helps garner interest in the book, and a series of question cover key elements of the story, such as characters, plot, and theme.
- Find news articles on genetic experiences to share with scholars
- Have writers answer the question: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Each question aligns to a specific Common Core standard
- Shares a link to the author's website for more resources
- Makes cross-curricular connections
- Lacks chapter-by-chapter activities and questions