This An Immigrant’s Experience activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
After interviewing an immigrant about their voyage to the United States and first impressions of the country, young learners create a fictional series of journal entries and design an iMovie depicting their interviewee's story.
160 Views 132 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have an idea of interview options for those class members who cannot locate an interviewee on their own
- While lesson mentions use of a cassette recorder, use this as an opportunity to discuss alternative technologies for audio recording
- Engaging project with multiple opportunities for creativity and cross-curricular work
- Great handouts provided, including project timeline, tips for conducting a good interview, and project interview questions