Is there any such thing as a culture without some degree of hybridization? Homi K. Bhabha maintains that all cultures, particularly post-colonial, experience cultural hybridity that reflect in an individual's personal identity. Learn more about Bhabha's point of view with a short introduction video.
- Connect the video with a lesson on world cultures, or when examining cultural hybriditty in sociology
- Have learners analyze their own cultures, and any hybridization that has occurred within their own identities
- Refer to the publisher's website for the full analysis, which is available with a free trial subscription or paid membership
- Comment section is open to the public
- Uses a skiing metaphor to illustrate the video's main point
- Relatable for learners in any cultural setting