Discover the ways that the exploited class has influenced our modern lives with a short study of Eric Hobsbawm's The Age of Revolution: 1789 - 1848. High schoolers discuss the Marxist perspective of how the Industrial Revolution and the French Revolution fueled the creation of the world we know today.
- Pair with a discussion on Marxism or the French Revolution
- Connect to a lesson on different government and economic systems
- Have learners watch the video at home and come prepared to discuss what they have learned
- Comment section is open to the public
- You can find the full analysis of the text at the publisher's website
- Helpful animations make a complex concept easier to follow
- Clearly explains Hobsbawm's point of view