Long live the king! A video summary of The King's Two Bodies by Ernst Kantorowicz discusses political theology during the medieval period and how body politics could survive the body natural. The video uses illustrations and clear definitions to help explain Kantorowicz's argument.
- Apply Kantorowicz's ideas to an actual king from history and discuss their validity
- Research the origins of the phrase Long live the king
- Requires a general understanding of what a monarchy is and how it works
- Clear narration makes it easy for listeners to follow the video
- Uses an analogy of a police chief to make the theory accessible to modern viewers
- Pictures are simplistic and may seem a bit cheesy at times