Economic development and politics are intricately connected. As part of a larger series about the world's greatest ideas, an engaging video takes this into consideration when exploring James Ferguson's The Anti-Politics Machine. The summary pulls key ideas from Ferguson's text and adds additional examples to help make the text more accessible.
- Discuss the difference between developed and less-developed countries with learners before watching the video, and then see if their discussion matches the video's claims
- Find solutions to help provide economic development within your own community
- Assumes an understanding of common principles and forms of economic development
- Uses a modern analogy to illustrate a key argument within the text
- Adds images and clear narration to help viewers follow the ideas
- Directs readers to a site that requires a paid subscription to gain additional information