Introduce viewers to the ideas in The Social Contract with a short video that explains Rousseau's theories of personal and civil liberty, general will, and political authority.
8 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have class members view the video out of class, record questions and comments, and then return for a whole class conversation
- Include in a study of Rousseau, the Enlightenment, and/or of the French Revolution
- The complete analysis can be found on the publisher's website with a paid membership or a trail subscription
- To avoid the comment section, show the video in full screen mode
- Uses an animated tale of five basketball players willingly giving up some of their personal freedoms and joining together to form a team