Learning begins with observation. A video summary of Lave and Wegner's Situated Learning discusses the importance of observation and apprenticeship in learning as part of a larger playlist on the world's greatest ideas. The video highlights key concepts and vocabulary words found in the text.
- Discuss the benefits of completing an apprenticeship as part of the learning process
- Ask learners to provide examples of how they've seen the theory of situated learning in their own lives
- Requires an understanding of the types of communities in which people participate
- Uses an analogy to help clarify one of the main ideas found in the text
- Illustrates concepts to help viewers visualize key ideas
- Lacks charts or diagrams, which could better highlight the process the video discusses