In the words of Abraham Lincoln, "Government of the people, for the people, and by the people shall not perish from the Earth." A video summary of Robert Dahl's Democracy and Its Critics, part of a larger playlist on the world's greatest ideas, addresses some of the major arguments against democracy. Through illustrations and examples, the video also explains Dahl's ideas to preserve the future of democracy.
- Discuss some of the questions Dahl presents
- Compare and contrast democracy with other forms of government, highlighting their pros and cons
- Requires a general understanding of the principles of democracy
- Includes a real-world analogy to help make Dahl's ideas more relevant
- Features clear, well-paced narration, making it easier for listeners to follow along
- Pop-up ads and text boxes distract from the content