Discover the nature of scientific understanding with a short synopsis of Thomas Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. An animated video guides viewers through Kuhn's theories on the periods of extraordinary science and the tendency of the scientific paradigm to stay intact, even when faced with a drastic shift in theory.
- Show the video in an interdisciplinary project between science and social studies
- Pair with a reading of an excerpt of Kuhn's book, or after reading the entire book
- Comment section is open to the public and is full of opinions
- Video is a sample of a longer lesson; the full analysis is available via the publisher's website, both for purchase and with a free trial members
- Breaks down a very complex concept into relatable information
- Animation keeps learners' interest