Is psychology a natural science? A brief video explains William James's theory of psychology as it connects to physiology, known as the James-Lange Theory of Emotion, and his belief that the mind and body work together to create one's consciousness and perception.
- Use in a human anatomy and physiology class when discussing the connection between the brain and the rest of the body
- Have learners write a narrative essay about a physical and emotional reaction to a situation, using a strong amount of sensory language
- Refer to the publisher's website for a full analysis of the text
- Comment section is open to the public
- Uses the example of a women facing a bear to describe the mental and physical reaction to an alarming situation
- Animations and steady pace make the video easy to understand