Why Lesson Planet?
Copernicus published the heliocentric solar system concept in 1514. The Catholic church banned the book, and that ban wasn't lifted until 1835. Now the heliocentric model of the solar system is widely accepted, and the lesson explains how we communicate where planets are in the universe at any given time.
- Research Copernicus
- Graph how fast current space vehicles travel
- Requires prior knowledge of scientific notation
- The third in a series of seven lessons
- Includes an answer key
- Highlights vocabulary throughout the lesson
- Lesson follows a 5E format
- Does not include a hands-on activity
- Answer Key
- Informational Text