This Analyzing Presidential Campaign Propaganda lesson plan also includes:
Campaign propaganda has evolved from 1952 through the presidential election of 2008. A social studies activity prompts class members to analyze the devices used in ads and political cartoons, noting strategies they believe would work to influence public opinion, and those they feel are ineffective.
- Have groups use what they have learned and then select, analyze, and develop a presentation about an ad in a more recent presidential campaign
- Covers campaigns from 1952 through 2008
- Links to the Library of Congress are provided for all the required materials
- Includes a detailed plan and analysis worksheets
- No rubric is provided for the writing assignment