This Analyzing Residuals (Part 2) assessment also includes:
Learn about patterns in residual plots with an informative math lesson. Two examples make connections between the appearance of a residual plot and whether a linear model is the best model apparent. The problem set and exit ticket demonstrate ways to analyze a residual plot to determine if a data set has a linear or nonlinear relationship.
- Sort the exit tickets based upon responses to create groups or a short review for the next class period
- Provide a variety of scatter plots and ask the class for predictions of what the residual plots will look like
- Lesson 18 of a 20-lesson module
- Builds upon previous learning of residual plots
- Helpful in conjunction with previous lessons in the module or after another lesson on creating residual plots