This Analyzing Scatter Plots handout & reference also includes:
Scatter plots tell a story about the data — you just need to be able to read it! Building from the previous lesson in the series where learners created scatter plots, they now learn how to find associations in those scatter plots. They recognize positive and negative correlations, linear and nonlinear relationships, and clustering.
- Give pupils examples of different types of scatter plot associations to cut out and paste into their notes
- Pause the video and give checkpoint exercises for pupils to complete
- Viewing the video requires Internet access
- Provides a set of practice problems with an answer key
- Video gives clear explanations and presents new vocabulary
- Uses dry data sets; may not motivate learners