This Analyzing the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution (Original Draft Resolution) interactive also includes:
Breaking news, President Johnson addresses the nation! Scholars watch a video of President Johnson's address to Congress regarding the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. The activity focuses on the motivation behind the resolution and the powers Congress granted to the president as a result. Young historians also read primary documents, complete a worksheet, and participate in group discussion to understand the impact of the resolution on the American public.
- Guide a group discussion on the United States' policy of containment
- Have pupils conduct further research on the impact of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- Activity requires Internet access to compete
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource provides additional background knowledge to help reinforce main concepts
- Activity is adaptable to multiple grade levels