This Ancient Mesopotamia video also includes:
Mr. Green provides an overview of Ancient Mesopotamia by examining the political structures and cultural beliefs of the region. The video reviews shifts in authority from religious to political leaders, as well as the influence of cuneiform, Hammurabi's code, and the development of territorial kingdoms and empires.
- Review to ensure specific scenes are appropriate for the maturity of your class members
- Instructor should frontload some vocabulary regarding economic concepts, such as private enterprise and socialism
- Check out discussion posts and comments below video for interesting questions and dialogue
- Frequently uses maps to illustrate geography of region
- Provides a teacher and student version of aligned lesson plans