So many animals, so many characteristics—how do we classify them all? A short tour of taxonomy awaits within a helpful Fuse School video on Evolution. Science scholars see how scientists sort animals into the main classes and what traits they use to further separate these organisms.
- Pause the video when instructed to give the class time to come up with their own lists of characteristics for the animals shown
- Plan time for the resource during your taxonomy unit
- Quickly review the levels of classification to make sure learners remember where phylum is placed
- The narrator creates acronyms to aid pupils in remembering the main animal phyla
- Contains information organized in charts to further help with understanding