All humans begin as one cell and through mitosis, develop into an organism made of millions of cells, each specialized to keep people alive. The narrator of this short video explains the process by which embryos grow from a morula to a blastula. Viewers see how some animals have symmetry and some do not, as the narrator blastula and explains the process of growing and developing blastula into an gastrula and eventually an organism.
- Video uses a lot of new vocabulary; support vocabulary by using Frayer models, word walls, or other vocabulary activity
- Video assumes the learner understands haploid and diploid cells
- The narrator uses the digestive tract, with a mouth at one end and an anus at the other, as his tube example
- Video 16 in a series of 40
- Video includes a table of contents that teachers can use to show specific clips