This Animal Habitats: Extra Support Lessons (Theme 4) unit also includes:
The activities and exercises in this packet, the third in the series of support materials for the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt thematic units on animal habitats, are designed for learners who need extra support with the basic concepts of the lessons.
- Have class members create an ocean mural and have individuals create a habitat for a specific ocean animal
- The three resource packets in this series are designed for different skill levels; as enrichment activities for those who have mastered the concepts, for language learners, and for those who need extra support
- The activities suggested in the various packets are appropriate for all learners
- Skill-building exercises in the 30-page packet include work with syllabication, separating fact from opinion, grammar, verb tenses, vocabulary, and comparing and contrasting
- Most of the exercises involve drills to build skills