This Anole Lizards: An Example of Speciation video also includes:
What happens to a species when members become separated by changes in their environment? Present young biologists with the ultimate example species—the anole lizard. A brief video describes the origins of the multitude of anole species in the Caribbean islands and how each emerged with its own unique traits.
- Use the video as an opener for a lesson about speciation
- Check out the lizards resource links for more videos and interactives
- Learners should be familiar with niches, habitats, and adaptations prior to watching the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Short and sweet, the video contains clear explanations and colorful animations
- The resource is self-guided and great for homework