Your physics class will really pick up speed after watching an insightful video about momentum! Learners discover the rest of the story of the P = mv equation. The narrator shows the difference between massed and massless objects in the momentum calculation.
- Show the video after class members are comfortable with the momentum equation to shake things up
- Have paired pupils research the events of 1905 that led to the new factors in the momentum equation
- Must have prior knowledge of speed, mass, momentum, and velocity for this resource
- Resource illustrates the concept of science changing as new theories emerge, an important concept in most curricula
- Animations are fun and provide visual cues that help break down the parts of the equation