Build problem-solving skills within your classes. Young scholars learn linear equations are great for modeling contextual situations. The specific situation models weekly income based on a combination of salary and commission. Given the equation and the income for a week, learners watch as the instructor substitutes and then solves for the number of items sold.
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework; use class time for practice
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they view the lesson
- Requires experience with substitution and solving multi-step equations
- Adaptable to different grade levels
- Offers closed captioning to assist with note taking