This Applying Physical & Health Literacy video also includes:
Raise teenagers' awareness about the importance of living an active life and staying physically fit by using this short health video. Starting with a series of facts about the negative consequences of physical inactivity and unbalanced diets, the video continues on to explain the physical and critical thinking skills necessary for developing physical and health literacy.
- Show this video during an introductory health lesson in a middle or high school PE class
- After watching the video, have students role play scenarios that demonstrate the difference between healthy and unhealthy choices
- Following a viewing of this resource, break the class into groups and task them with teaching basic physical skills like throwing, catching, or running to the rest of the class
- This is a YouTube video, which you may or may not be able to access depending on your school's Internet use policy
- Video is in the format of a cartoon, engaging students in learning about physical fitness and healthy living
- Includes a reference document explaining the HANDS UP for Health and Physical Literacy collection of videos