You may be able to see patterns visually, but mathematics quantifies them. Here learners find correlation in scatterplots and write equations to represent that relationship. They fit a line to the data, find two points on the line, and write the equation of the line.
- Post the resource for absent pupils or those requiring extra instruction
- Builds directly from the previous lesson in the series
- Learners should have an understanding of independent/dependent variable relationships prior to this lesson
- Scaffolds instructions into manageable parts, making it easier for pupils to understand
- Avoids use of context and application, which would make the process much more meaningful