This Aqueous Ions interactive also includes:
Lose an electron? You should keep an ion it! Scholars test their knowledge of aqueous ions while completing four puzzles. Each puzzle requires knowledge of the ion, the color of the ion, the precipitate, and the color of the precipitate.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Discuss why the [Co(H2O)6] 2+ and [Cr(H2O)6] 2+ have different colors depending on the test, while the others have the same color for both tests
- Teach the rules of gridlocks before assigning the set of puzzles
- Relies on knowledge of advanced chemistry including hexaaqua M2+ ions
- Offers an online and hard copy version so the content is accessible to all
- Online version includes hints and paper version includes an answer key