This /ar/ Word List worksheet also includes:
The tart dart left a hard scar on the large shark. Here's an exercise designed to help readers develop the phonemic awareness skills needed to detect the vowel sounds in words. The exercise, the third in the series of 16 and featuring the /ar/ sound, asks kids to identify, highlight, and then read the words to an adult.
- Laminate the cards to permit reuse
- Some learners with dyslexia benefit from reading materials printed in dark brown ink on beige paper rather than the stark black ink on white paper
- To reduce stress, introduce only a few words at a time
- Only one sound is featured on each card in the series
- Although designed specifically for learners with dyslexia, the cards may be used to teach phonemic awareness to all those learning to read
- A scrabble game featuring the /ar/ sound is attached to the resource