This Arcs and Chords lesson plan also includes:
You've investigated relationships between chords, radii, and diameters—now it's time for arcs. Learners investigate relationships between arcs and chords. Learners then prove that congruent chords have congruent arcs, congruent arcs have congruent chords, and arcs between parallel chords are congruent.
- Have learners create a visual summary of the results of the lesson
- One of the exercises requires a compass and straightedge
- Lesson builds on previous concepts; be sure pupils have mastered all previous content
- Resource includes a full lesson with all student worksheets, exit tickets, exercises, and problem sets
- Lesson indicates mathematical practice standards
- Lesson notes indicate that proofs can be done independently, but then exercises and challenges have learners work in groups