Discover the coldest animals in the world with a lesson about the Arctic habitat. Kids use a glossary and information sheet about animals found in the Arctic Circle to complete several activities, including tracking the lemming population, experimenting with salt and freezing water, and investigating the differences between Arctic animals and Antarctic animals.
- Combine with your unit on ecosystems or habitats
- Have groups of learners complete research on assigned animals from the lesson
- Extend the lesson with a research project on conservation efforts in the Arctic Circle
- Work through the projects throughout a few days of study, or break the lesson up over several weeks
- Variety of activities will intrigue every level of learner
- An excellent resource for any science class to address a number of concepts