As part of a larger series, an informative video introduces the concept of perpetual motion machines and the science proving they don't work. The narrator then shares machines that appear to work and highlights the hidden sources of energy.
5 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Before watching the video, demonstrate a drinking bird toy and see if young scientists can identify the source of the energy causing the movement
- After the video, challenge scholars to share another hidden energy source for motion machines
- Relies on prior knowledge of energy transfer and conservation of energy
- Connects science, history, and technology
- Offers closed captioning in six languages for English learners
- Fits well during a unit on energy