A descriptive video lesson explains the history of the white admiral and red-spotted purple butterfly. As the butterflies' habitats overlap, scientists discovered a specimen with characteristics of both butterflies. The narrator discusses the mimicry and camouflage of the two butterflies as well.
- Show a photo of the two butterflies in the video and have pupils compare and contrast their features
- Research additional examples of cross breeding
- Expects a basic understanding of animal defense mechanisms
- Includes diagrams to add to explanations
- Provides additional examples worth noting