All humans alive today descended from the same woman who lived just 150,000 years ago. A thought-provoking video explains this concept as part of a larger biology playlist. It lists the location where the woman lived as well as where our other common ancestors are in the human family tree.
- Discuss that our differences really are skin deep
- Extend on the concept of variations and why there is so much difference after a relatively small amount of evolutionary time
- Relies on prior knowledge of mitochondria and DNA
- Provides subtitles in 10 languages for English learners
- Connects biology, geography, history, and technology
- Works well in traditional or flipped classrooms