This Area and Perimeter of Similar Polygons: Lesson video also includes:
Find the square of the scale factor. A component of a large playlist on geometry discusses the ratios of the perimeters and areas of two similar polygons. The resource shows examples in finding the ratios that lead to a pattern.
4 Views 2 Downloads
- Lead a discussion on whether there would be a similar ratio pattern in finding volumes of similar objects
- Assumes individuals know how to determine the scale factor of similar figures
- The class needs to be comfortable with reducing ratios
- Links to additional resources with similar polygons
- Includes the arithmetic steps in working the examples