This Area and Perimeter of Triangles: Lesson video also includes:
Go from a parallelogram to a triangle. A segment of an extensive playlist on basic geometry shows the derivation of the formula for the area of a triangle. The resource works examples that require finding a missing side or height to calculate the area.
- Lead a discussion on finding heights to different bases in a triangle
- Review the connection between multiplying by a unit fraction and division
- Assumes individuals know the Pythagorean Theorem
- Uses colors to highlight the triangles of interest
- Includes a link to more resources on triangles' areas and perimeters