This Area and Volume activity & project also includes:
An AP calculus lesson begins with an activity to determine the volume of a solid using a cross-section. Next, learners review the ways to find the area between two curves , as well how to find the volume of a solid created from the rotation of that region.
- Send home the project for an independent homework assignment
- Have small groups work together and discuss their conclusions with the larger class
- Materials needed: paper cup and calculator
- Uses a concrete approach to the application of integration
- Does not provide a teacher guide or answer key
- Activity references a diagram that is not available