This Area of a Shape on a Grid video also includes:
What does a grid have to do with area? Well, just about everything! Learners view composite shapes on a grid and watch as the video instructor finds their areas. The examples use shapes composed of rectangles and triangles. Scholars follow the video lesson with some independent practice.
- Have partners create a drawing from rectangles and squares on a grid to exchange and find the area
- Ask individuals to shade squares as they count the area of each
- Requires a solid understanding of the concept of area
- Includes practice aligned to the video examples
- Offers the option for subtitles to assist with note taking