This Area of an L-Shape video also includes:
Think about your shapes as tangrams as you find their areas! Scholars learn to decompose L-shaped compound figures to find their areas. A video shows how to break the figure into rectangles, and learners practice using the included worksheets.
- Have pupils shade the rectangles different colors before finding their area to assist in visualizing the concept
- Create a guided notes document for pupils to complete as they watch the video
- Expects proficiency with finding the area of rectangles
- Video shows multiple examples
- Mentions common errors while completing examples