Scholars can use area formulas, but can they apply what they know about area? The lesson challenges learners to think logically while practicing finding area of shapes such as rectangles, circles, parallelograms, triangles, and other polygons.
7 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Supplement with coordinate geometry to incorporate the distance formula
- Encourage learners to find similarities within formulas
- Assumes a basic understanding of finding area of geometric figures; supplement a review if necessary
- The 13th lesson in a 16-part series
- Examples target a high level of thinking
- Practice problems do not represent the higher level of difficulty in the examples