This Area of Composite Shapes: Lesson video also includes:
To find the whole, add and subtract the pieces. A portion of a massive geometry playlist shows how to approach finding the area of a composite figure. The resource works with a couple different composite shapes to find their areas.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Using different composite figures, have individuals determine what shapes compose the object
- Lead a discussion on finding areas by decomposing a parallelogram into the shape
- Requires learners to know the Pythagorean Theorem
- Links to additional videos on areas of shapes
- Shows how to find the missing lengths in the examples