This Arithmetic and Geometric Sequences lesson plan also includes:
Arithmetic and geometric sequences are linear and geometric patterns. Help pupils understand the relationship and see the connection with an activity that asks them to write the rules and classify the patterns correctly. A sorting activity is included for hands-on practice.
- Groups that finish the index card activity early can write their own examples of arithmetic and geometric sequences to add to the examples on the board
- Use practice problems as board work to check for understanding before assigning independent practice
- Assumes a high comfort level with recursive and explicit formulas and their notations
- Third in a series of 26 related resources
- Using the sorting activity allows for a quick check of understanding and/or misconceptions
- Well-designed resource with all hand outs, keys, and teacher guide included