Art analysis might help uncover some of life's most puzzling questions, such as the mystery behind Mona Lisa's smile. The handout, from the Writing for Specific Fields series, is particularly useful for those interested in pursuing art history in college. Individuals read about different types of art history assignments common in college classes.
- Have learners practice writing an art analysis essay using the suggested techniques
- Display several artistic pieces of the same subject and have scholars discuss differences in iconography
- Requires either computer and Internet access or a printed handout
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Information is well-organized
- Tone is engaging and conversational